My biggest fear is time.
I pray I never end up being someone who is okay with living a mediocre life. Sometimes it feels like timing can be such a blessing yet a curse. One day you’re sitting in your office chair patiently waiting for it to hit four o’clock. When suddenly you’re eighty in your rocking chair wondering where time went! (If you even make it to eighty.)
“Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes, but when you look back everything is different.” C.S. Lewis
When I was eight years old, I was a big dreamer and made this crazy bucket list. To this day, I still think about sitting across a table from that little girl in the past and telling her what dreams she accomplished.
When people look at this young girl’s crazy bucket list they will probably take into account the financial aspects of it. (She definitely also has.) Which is why she has already started working and saving. With dedication and continuous work ethic maybe one day she can make all of her dreams happen.
We’re all going to be in a coffin one day rich or poor.
I would be thrilled to sit across a table from that little girl and tell her what all she has already accomplished and learned by the age of eighteen! Besides the small, beautiful moments in her life…crossing goals off her bucket list have been some of the BEST moments in her life! Saving money to skydive was way better than that fifty dollar shirt that wont even fit in a few years.
Experiences, feelings, and knowledge will always satisfy the soul better than material.
Therefore, I’m going to keep working toward what I dream about in my free time. I’m going to chase my dreams and live life to the fullest.
I crave to learn about others culture and history. See more of this big world, filled with God’s beautiful creations. Along with keeping an open heart, that helps spread his love and grace.
My Personal Bucket List:
- Run a Marathon (Honolulu Marathon)
- See beautiful mountains in Canada
- Go on a Mission Trip and be able to touch at least one person with God’s love
- Obtain my master’s degree
- Read the Bible cover to cover (Along with manuscript)
- Visit Anne Frank House in Amsterdam
- Attend an opera at the Sydney Opera House
- Return to Switzerland and hold conversations in French
- Go on a road trip with friends
Snorkel Drive a Segway See the Mona Lisa Drive a jet ski Visit a Concentration Camp and learn about WW II Talk to a Holocaust Survivor
- Spend a weekend visiting History Museums in Washington D.C.
- See an elephant in his/her natural habitat
- Learn power yoga and how to stand on head
- Learn kickboxing
Backpack around Europe
- Visit Monet’s garden
- Walk through lavender fields in Provence, France
- Walk through sunflower fields in France
- Swim with dolphins in the ocean
- Attend a surf competition
- Learn French
Start my own blog Attend a day of culinary school in Switzerland Be a foreign exchange student (Germany)
- Cliff dive backwards
xx. Jordyn Cornelison